|Are you interested in adopting a PEAC bird? Here is our process:|
|First||Read the PEAC Adoption Policies. Click here to go to Adoption Policies.|
|Then Follow the Steps Below|
1. If interested in adopting a parrot from PEAC, please email or call and notify us of your interest, and if there is a particular parrot you are interested in please include that info as well. You’ll receive a link to our online Avian Basic Care seminar.
2. Please register for the two in-person adoption seminars, Parrot Behavior and Enrichment; these are located under the ‘Calendar’ tab.
3. After completing all three adoption seminars, you’ll receive our Adoption Application form.
4. A home visit by a PEAC volunteer will be arranged; the purpose of the home visit is to identify any safety hazards (so you can correct them) and to help you plan for a smooth transition for a new bird joining your home.
5. Your Adoption Application and notes from the home visit will be reviewed by our Adoption Committee. A decision usually takes 3-7 days and you’ll be the first to know.
During the process we’ll work with you to arrange at least one other time for you to interact with the bird(s) that you’re interested in adopting.
PEAC will continue to give all applicants the same opportunities and fair evaluations. Though the process can take a few weeks, we strongly believe it is important to make sure that the fit between the applicant and the parrot are the best possible match– one that will last for many years. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, PEAC.org, or leave a message at 619-287-8200.
Our foster birds can be seen at www.peac.petfinder.com. Search for ‘Bird’ and Zip Code 92160.